This session focusses on Birmingham’s Future City Plan that sets out strategies and directions of development in the city for the next 10 years. The next decade will see the arrival of High Speed Two in the city centre, the hosting of the Commonwealth Games and the delivery of major new mixed use and commercial schemes. We also discuss the role of growth and knowledge intensive industries in driving city growth and how this can be fostered by the public sector. In association with Birmingham City Council.
- Asha Devi, Midlands City Advisory, Arup (Chair)
- Simon Delahunty-Forrest, Development Director, Birmingham City Council
- Bek Seeley, Managing Director, Development Europe, Lendlease
- Rob Valentine, Director, Bruntwood
- Cllr Ian Ward, Leader of Birmingham City Council